Book review: Players: A Game of Grit and Glory
Holidays are coming, the perfect time to read a book. And what is better than reading a book about (female) polo?
POLO LADY reviewed the latest book on the subject: Players: A Game of Grit and Glory is the first of the series by new author and avid polo player, E. H. Humphreys. The book has everything that makes a book perfect for some relaxing time by yourself: romance, drama, heartbreak, friendship, passion and of course polo.
The main character; Victoria Blake is a female professional player who made it her mission to be recognized not only as a great female player but as a great player in general. She gives everything to reach her ultimate goal: playing in and winning the gold cup.
Her journey takes her from England to Argentina and the US, giving the reader an insight into what it is like to be part of the professional polo community in these countries.
As well as giving some insight into the true passion and sacrifice needed to succeed in the hard world of polo.
POLO LADY couldn’t stop reading to find out what would happen.. Believe us, by the end of the book, you are really hoping for one thing; for Victoria to reach her dream and ultimate goal. Will she reach it? And if so: at what price? To answer these questions you need to read the book!
Players will be having launch parties around the globe to reflect the international nature of polo. Players launched at the California Polo Club in Los Angeles on Thursday, November 10 th . Club members and guests were treated to a barbecue and book signing after playing chukkas. Those lucky enough to snap up a copy before they were sold out got a personalized message from author, E. H. Humphreys. The European launch took place at Druids Lodge Polo Club in Salisbury, England on December 11th after a tournament sponsored by the book. Players: A Game of Grit and Glory is now available on Amazon in paperback and on Kindle.
GET YOUR BOOK
Elizabeth is giving one book away for free. To get it just send her an email and tell her where you are planning to read the book. Send it to email@example.com
1. The promoter is: Polo Lady Ltd whose registered office is at London UK
2. Employees of Polo Lady or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via [https://www.polo-lady.com
5. Closing date for entry will be the 30th of December 2016 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: ELIZABETH will select the winner from the emails received at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by Polo Lady magazine
12. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13.E. H. Humphreys will send the prize to the winner.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending an email to email@example.com
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.