pampeano. Be inspired…
pampeano is a luxury South American lifestyle brand who started out in the polo fields of Argentina. Immersed in a land which homed some of the world’s finest polo players, wild gauchos and skilled craftsmen, pampeano naturally flourished, creating luxury equestrian leather items, embracing their natural surroundings.
The polo scene in Argentina is thriving, with the local families living and breathing the sport. Children learn to ride as soon as they can walk and from school age they start to learn their heritage craft in leather work. The surrounding landscapes are so vast that the herds of cattle roam freely across beautiful estancias, feeding only off the land. This is what contributes to the unparalleled quality of beef and leather that Argentina is so well known for.
After seeking out and hand-selecting the most premium Argentine leathers, pampeano works closely with the native artisans to handcraft technical polo products including boots, saddles and kneepads. The exquisite quality of these pieces is what first gave pampeano their reputation that is now renowned the world over.
pampeano quickly went on to become a leading supplier of all technical polo equipment for both horse and player, providing everything that is needed for polo. This includes the hugely successful line of iconic polo belts.
Originally used to provide teams with their colours, pampeano’s polo belts have become famous both on and off the pitch as a luxury fashion accessory staple.
They are all hand-stitched by master artisans, in a traditional Argentine process that takes approximately five hours to complete each one. Every pampeano polo belt tells a story, with the traditional diamond pampa patterns echoing the peaks and troughs of the Andes Mountain range.
The suppleness of the thick, Havana brown leather is unparalleled, and the iconic, vibrant patterns are woven using coloured wax-dipped saddlery threads. There is a stunning array of designs to choose from, and as they are all made by hand, it means that no two will ever be quite the same, making them as individual as the people who wear them. Two widths are also available, so that they can be worn with everything from Jeans and chinos to jodhpurs and pampeano’s polo whites.
All of pampeano’s polo, fashion and home pieces are available on their luxury website (www.pampeano.co.uk) which transports you to their world; providing a real piece of the South American lifestyle. You can discover their history and heritage, values, craftsmanship, artisans, stories from the heart of Argentina, and stunning collections of authentic products.
Worldwide shipping allows polo players from all four corners of the globe to access their exquisite and famed pieces. What’s more, every technical polo product from pampeano undergoes rigorous quality control testing and is vetted by professional players before passing approval. pampeano’s website truly is an online destination worth bookmarking for everything you could possibly need, all in one place.
Worth noting is their complete polo sets, perfect for if you are a new player just about to take up the sport, or if you are a professional who has just purchased a new pony. The sets provide everything you need for your pony in one package, and likewise a set is available for everything you need as a player. The complete polo pony tack set for example, comprises everything from a choice of saddles to a choice of bits. Several colour options are also available so that you can coordinate everything from your saddle blanket to your over girth.
With every product and option in one place, and all being dispatched together, pampeano has made it extremely convenient to order all of your polo kit in one go.
pampeano further accommodates every client’s need by providing luxury personalisation and bespoke design services. This ensures that there really is something to suit everyone, creating a truly special and memorable experience. A colourful collection of robust, padded canvas and leather stick, kit, boot and saddle bags are offered to protect your important pieces of kit, which can be embroidered at your request.
The Polo Lady has already tried and tested this service and the results are beautiful!
The Polo Lady logo and website has been embroidered with bright white thread onto one of pampeano’s classic navy sports bags with eye-catching results. To discuss your own bespoke design ideas, just send an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the pampeano website, Argentine and American style saddles are offered in both smooth leather and soft suede as standard or you can opt to have your own saddle hand-crafted just for you with a completely bespoke design. This includes the size, which can be made to measure, suiting the exact measurements of your polo pony for ultimate comfort and support while riding. Previous bespoke designs have included team colours, national flags and custom embroidery.
Adding to the list of personalised products are pampeano’s polo sticks, which are hand made by one of the most celebrated stick makers in the world.
These can be hand-painted with your own initials, positioned on the weighted tipa head.
The Malaysian rattan canes of the sticks are also available in a range of lengths, from 42” to 54” with various weight heads. Finally, there are pampeano’s eponymous Argentine leather polo belts and dog leads, which can be blind-embossed with your own initials, hand-pressed into the leather.
The iconic pampa hand-stitching that is instantly recognizable, highly sought after, and synonymous with pampeano, has been incorporated onto a number of their products. First found on their polo belts, the hard-wearing and vibrant saddlery threads have been hand woven onto Argentine leather browbands and dog accessories in a selection of different colours. The browbands can be teamed with the traditional Argentine saddle blankets and premium fleeced polo bandages of the same colour for a fully coordinated set. There are also sets of leather head collars and lead ropes which feature this stunning, Aztec stitching.
For the days where you are enjoying the sunshine at the side of the pitch, spectating as opposed to playing, pampeano offers large Navajo picnic rugs, with leather picnic straps which can be personalised and feature the same iconic, woven pampa diamonds which match the colours of the rugs available.
After a day of polo,pampeano continues this sense of South American luxury and polo lifestyle right through into your home and wardrobe with stunning artisanal pieces.
For your interiors, pampeano offers accessories hand crafted from the most lustrous leathers and beautiful woven fabrics with Argentine and equestrian accents. For the wardrobe, pampeano houses exquisite cashmere and alpaca from Peru in the form of capes, ponchos and scarves. Sorted by room, all of pampeano’s products are easily accessible on their website and there is even a gift section for the other polo enthusiasts in your life. Our favourite is the baby polo mallet, which is a beautifully crafted novelty, gift-wrapped to mark any special occasion which once again, can be personalised with hand-painted lettering.
Abby Avery, creative manager pampeano.
t: +44 (0) 1865 773709
m: +44 (0) 7950 754743
a: 8 Nuffield Park, Ledgers Close, Oxford OX4 6JS, UK
We teamed up with pampeano to give you the chance to arrive at the polo pitch in style. They have kindly given us a belt and mallet which will be personalised with your initials and send to your home. The only thing you need to do is follow @pampeano_ and @pololadymagazine on Instagram and send us the answer to these questions:
1) How long does it take to make a polo belt?
2) What would your dream polo belt look like?
Send it to: email@example.com
Winner will be selected by us at the end of December (T&C apply)
1. The promoter is: Polo Lady Ltd whose registered office is at London UK
2. Employees of Polo Lady or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.polo-lady.com
5. Closing date for entry will be the 30th of December 2016 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Polo Lady will select the winner from the emails received at Pololadycompetition@gmail.com
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by Polo Lady magazine
12. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. pampeano will send the prize to the winner.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.